Digital Product Manager, Core Platforms & Native Advertising at Postmedia Network Inc.
Marketing and Advertising | Toronto, Canada Area, CA
An award-winning digital strategist with national and international experience in managing online and offline marketing programs for CPG, entertainment and financial brands as well as crown corporations and not-for-profit organizations. Strong track record in delivering integrated digital programs that leveraged social media, bloggers and online influencers, search engine optimization (SEO), search engine marketing (SEM), mobile and web.
Progressive experience in leading strategy and delivering cross-functional campaigns involving traditional and digital media relations as well as search, display, social and OOH media. Active member of the advertising industry and Co-Founder of the Account Planning Group of Canada (APG Canada), an organization dedicated to promoting strategic thinking as a leading discipline across the advertising, media and creative industries.
Previous clients: Canadian Tourism Commission, BC Hydro, Wind Mobile, Mattel Canada, BMO.
Previous Employers: TrojanOne, Canadian Tire, Smokebomb Entertainment, Tribal DDB, Playboy Brazil and Telecine Networks.
2015 - Present
Digital Product Manager, Core Platforms & Native Advertising / Postmedia Network Inc.
Director, Digital Strategy / TrojanOne
Clients: Mattel Canada, BMO, Crossroads International, Canadian Football Hall of Fame, StubHub, CSFX
- Supervised a team of five tasked with delivering programs that utilize owned and paid media to generate additional exposure across digital mediums for clients in the CPG, financial and events industries
Manager, Social Media & Consumer Generated Content / Canadian Tire
Campaigns: 1M Fans, 2013 Countdown to Christmas, Canadian Tire Ice Truck
- Managed relationships with internal cross-functional teams as well as strategy to be implemented by agencies, vendors and Canadian Tire’s social media team
Transmedia Strategist / Smokebomb Entertainment Inc.
Projects: Totally Amp'd, Unlikely Heroes, The Path, Backpackers, The Real Backpacers, The Inhuman Condition
- Led the social media and community outreach campaigns, strategized product development and launches and managed relationships with media, analytics and media vendors
Media Researcher / Ryerson University
Project: The Interactor Commodity: Social Media, UGC, Audiences and Advertising
October 2011 - May 2012
Lead by Dr. Jeremy Shtern, "The Interactor Commodity" aims to take a forward looking, public interest focused and policy relevant look at audiences and advertising for social media internet services.
Project: Transmedia and Audiences
December 2011 - February 2012
Initiated by Dr. Charles Davis, this research aimed to develop a broad understanding of the transmedia concept as well as identify audience monitoring tools and the effectiveness of transmedia/cross-platform media productions.
Graduate Teaching Assistant / Ryerson University
Course: BDC 401 - Design in Media
January 2012 - May 2012
This course was designed by Dr. Laurie Petrou to broaden the students' understanding of the relationship between culture and media. Throughout the course, students explored theories of visual studies, gender, heroism and representation in all different media from TV to webisodes to gaming to comics and music.
Course: MHR 721 - Negotiation and Conflict Resolution
January 2012 - May 2012
Developed by Professor Neil Rothenberg, this course explores the major concepts and theories of the psychology of bargaining and negotiation, and the dynamics of interpersonal and intergroup conflict and its resolution.
Digital Strategist / Vancouver Latin American Film Festival (VLAFF)
VLAFF is a registered non-profit charitable organization with the mission to provide a forum for the promotion and exhibition of Latin American cinema. This annual, non-competitive festival promotes dialogue between cultures and explores historical and social issues through the eyes of filmmakers.
- Created and developed the festival’s social media channels and overall digital strategy.
Digital Strategist / DDB Canada/Tribal DDB
Named Strategy's 2010 Agency of the Year and Top Creative Agency, DDB Canada is an internationally recognized marketing communications agency. Tribal DDB draws on its expertise to bring clients marketing solutions for today's world.
- Developed digital strategy and managed cross-platform campaigns for crown corporations and clients in the financial and travel industries.
2012 Cassies - Client: Canadian Tourism Commission - Keep Exploring UGC campaign (Bronze - Best Insight)
Marketing & Mentoring Outreach Consultant / Immigrant Services Society of BC
Immigrant Services Society of BC is the largest immigrant-serving agency in western Canada. The society provides a variety of services to the Lower Mainland immigrant and refugee communities and works with over 30,000 clients per year. ISS of BC Mentoring Connections program is a Vancouver-based initiative that brings together experienced professionals (mentors) and newly-arrived immigrants (mentees) in a career-focused mentorship.
- Developed and managed the program’s cross-platform public relations campaigns and continually raised awareness about Mentoring Connections’ volunteer opportunity at Vancouver-based events.
TV Host (Volunteer) / INFFINITO
Conducted interviews throughout the 2nd Brazilian Film Festival of Vancouver.
Programming and Production Specialist / Playboy Brazil
Playboy Brazil is a joint-venture between Globosat Programadora Ltda – the largest cable TV programmer in Latin America – and Playboy Enterprises Inc. Playboy Brazil is a seven-channel top-of-mind adult content provider offering diversified multimedia content on TV, internet and mobile outlets.
- Planned the channel’s monthly and daily programming, designed collateral materials to assist sales team with promoting the channel which significantly reduced the channel’s turnover, and supervised the production of over 1,000 promos per month aired in Brazil and Portugal.
2005 Brazilian Marketing Best Award - Winner
Media Analyst / Telecine
Telecine Network, a joint-venture formed in 1994 between Globosat Programadora Ltda and four major Hollywood studios (Paramount, MGM, Universal and Fox), is number one in ratings on primetime Brazilian cable TV. Telecine Network offers its subscribers exclusive programming of over 1,000 movies per month.
- Planned Telecine Happy and Telecine Classic (renamed Telecine Cult) channels’ commercial breaks and created collateral materials to assist sales team with promoting the network to prospective subscribers.